Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's been a long time....

My best friend Matt is home for a short stay before he returns to Afghanistan for another 6 months. He of course is trying to spend a lot of time with his family so I was stoked when I got to see him for a few hours yesterday. He looked so different to me for some reason. Aside from the fact he was hairier than the last time I saw him I can't quite put my finger on what was so different. I hate that he's over there and I worry constantly (he doesn't know that). I couldn't imagine what it would be like if my child or spouse were over seas in a war zone. My heart goes out to those people.

2 comments:

  1. Nicky,

    It definately takes a certain type of person to fight for their country like that, it's a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is a very hard thing to deal with because sometimes that's all you can think about. My bestfriends brother is over there right now and we havent seen him since last december. Hes changed a lot from when he left. But they do a lot for our country and we got to love all of them.

    ReplyDelete